You might also choose one of the gratitude prompts below. If you'd like, these prompts could give you thirty good writer's notebook entries. Thirty!
30 PROMPTS THAT HELP WRITERS PRACTICE A MONTH OF GRATITUDE
1. Describe one small moment with a friend that you are grateful for.
2. Which character trait are you most grateful for? Describe it.
3. What was the first thing that happened to you today that you felt grateful for?
4. Challenges often come bearing unexpected gifts. Which one made you grateful?
5. Who should you be more grateful for? Why?
6. What physical activity are you grateful to be able to perform?
7. Which are you most grateful for: art, music, technology, or writing? Why?
8. Describe the school teacher that you are most grateful for.
9. Describe the teacher you’ve learned the most from outside of school.
10. Which season are you most grateful for? Why?
11. Tell the story of a meal that mattered.
12. Describe a moment when you knew you belonged.
13. Which neighbor are you most grateful for?
14. Which book, poem, song, short story, or movie are you most grateful for?
15. Describe the historical figure that you are most grateful for.
16. Describe the ancestor you are most grateful for.
17. Why are you grateful to be from your country?
18. Which gift were you most grateful to receive?
19. When were you grateful to be told no?
20. Which item of clothing are you most grateful for?
21. What do you do to relax?
22. Who has your back? How?
23. Which of your personal heroes are you most grateful for?
24. Describe an element of nature that you are most grateful for.
25. Which animals are you most grateful for?
26. Who in your life has changed in ways that you are grateful for?
27. What is your most prized possession?
28. If you could relive one entire day of your life, which one would it be?
29. What are some of your favorite words?
30. Which service organizations or charities are you most grateful for?